Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 23, 2019

World celebrated Nigerian King of Reggae Winning Jah


Nigerian born Italian  veteran  Reggae musician, Winning Jah, has said that despite what some people may think, reggae is not dead. He said the genre of music was still very much alive in the hearts of those who love it. “Reggae is a form of music that cannot die. Those who think or say otherwise don’t know about its history. Though you may say it’s not as popular as it used to be but that’s just for now, reggae still has a bright future,” the singer told Saturday Beats.

Wining Jah, who recently celebrated his 46th birthday for over 100 hours stated that he did that to rejoice with his fans and break a world record. He told Saturday Beats, “I have lots of fans all over the world and they love me so much. My birthday was an opportunity for us to come together and have a good time. I got so much love from all over the continent and I was, indeed overwhelmed.

“Also, the Guinness World Record holder for the longest birthday is Paul Morgan of Hawaii (USA)and I want to surpass his feat,” he said.

Winning Jah, who recently received two APCN Humanitarian awards for ‘Best Charitable Singer of the Year’ and ‘Best Nigerian Reggae act of the Year’ said his consistency was the reason for his long stay in the industry.

“I am very passionate about reggae and that is why I give it my all.

It is also because of the conscious music I made that my song, ‘Deep Sea’  which was released under VP Records and immediately   nominated for an Amnesty International Italy music ‘Voice for Freedom’ award. Winning Jah bagged one of top 10 most celebrated and influencial r Nigerian eggae musicians in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment