Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 30, 2013

I’ll Play till 38 --- Mikel Obi




John Mikel Obi has been declared Nigeria’s Sports Man of the Year the second time. The Chelsea player, while speaking with Esther Egbe, believes his middle name wrongly spelt actually adds a ring to his destiny                                                                     
HOW DID YOU START FOOTBALL?
I was pretty young probably 7 or 8. My daddy played, too. Almost every member of my family play well. Although he played on the highest level then, there was not much too show for it
 DID YOU FACE ANY DISCOURAGEMENT?
 Not at all.
 HOW HAS IT BEEN SO FAR?
 It's been great, I thank God for everything. It's a lot of hard work and prayers. But I am enjoying every moment of my career.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHALLENGES?
 It's waking up every morning. Another is maintaining the level one is now. It’s one thing getting there, and it's another maintaining it. Yes, it’s not easy to play for a club like Chelsea for a year and still maintain the level.


WHAT DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE AFTER THIS CAREER?
 I think I have achieved basically everything I want. I am fulfilled in football. Now I am dreaming to play the world cup in Brazil. At 26 I can't think of retiring now. I’m still very young .
 HOW DO YOU SPEND YOUR LIESURE?
I sleep; I listen to a lot of music, TV and I rest a lot from time to time I take red wine.

 SO WHICH IS YOUR BEST SEASON?
 Well this season has been very good
HOW DO YOU RATE NIGERIAN FOOTBALL?
 Well I think the pitches have gotten better. They now play on synthetic pitches where the ball can move smoothly. And it looks good on TV. That alone is a great improvement.
 HOW LONG DO YOU WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME?
About 37 or 38 years. There is a lot I want to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment