Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Music has been a part of my life as a child--Anastasia



Music has been a part of my life as a child. I grew up in a church "universal church of God", my grandmother made sure i was in service as least once a week. I sang on the choir and come from a family who sings very well. Hip Hop and R&B played a major part of my life once i was 8 and 9 years old. I loved to dance in the Mirror and pretend to be a super star. In school i would recite poems (my favorite was phenomenal woman by Maya Angelou) on stage for every show we had. I then begin writing my own poems and by year 2000 i had one of my poems published in the teacher's anthology book of 2000. I started writing songs and raps and begin recording at age 16.

My Parents were pretty cool with the idea, but as any parent/family would say. They wanted me to finish school! I received my B.A in American Studies/Early childhood education in 2009.

14 songs will be on my album the name of my album is "MY EXIT" (Music is my exit from life when i get discouraged or feeling a certain way. This album takes me to another place.

Favorite Nigerian artist are 2face, Wiz kid and Nomoreloss while in Favorite artist in America are Beyonce, Fabolous and Jayz

Jayz and Fabolous influence me because they came the same place I came from(brooklyn n.y) and grind their way up to the top. They used their talents to get to where they needed to me. Fab and Jayz are very talented and are great writers!

Yes most pretty woman is doing R&B but I have tried both and i lean more toward rap because it’s closer to poetry for me.  I have R&B songs on my album as well (two)

I did a Song with Nomoreloss and a female singer by the name of Amar Lara during my stay from the 9th of  15th August,2012.

Thanks for the compliment! (Sexy) it is easy to cope with my male friends because i always keep it on a business/ professional level with those i work with. And those who are just great supporters of my music generally look up to me because of the person that i am. They see my drive, my goals, my grind, my hard work, and my accomplishments so they’re not just stuck on my sex appeal! They love who i am as a person first then as an artist.

I am Single! I go on dates from time to time(rare)

IDEAL guy.... intelligent, funny, not too serious(someone who can joke around, someone who loves Music as much as i do! they don’t have to be an artist but i wanna love someone who loves my Passion.

Yes I can Date a Nigerian. I wouldn’t want a long distance relationship, but if he has the qualities i need than we can work on something. (We would have to live in the same country though) I am very clingy and i love sharing my time with my boyfriend


No comments:

Post a Comment