Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Manu Garba Golden Eaglets head coach speak about his career



What is your take on age cheating in Nigeria?

 We don't have any issue with age cheating because this clearly is about the youngest team ever to represent Nigeria at this level.                            

 

How prepared are your players for the match in Dubai? 

     

Our preparations are on top gear because we have been practicing since we came to Dubai. It is a continuation of what we were doing in Nigeria and it is going well.   

 There are cases of players not being paid.  Is there anything like that in Golden Eaglets?

 

We are all right.                      

 

 

How long have you been into  coaching?

I have been coaching for six years now and its has been fun all the way.

                                     

 What do you want to make out of this profession?       

My ambition in life is to be successful. And I thank God for always assisting me. I was the first assistant to the late Coach Yemi Tella when we won the U-17 World Cup in 2007.  I'm confident we can go all the way again. As a player, I captained El-Kanemi to win the FA Cup twice in 1991 and 92; I have won many honours as coach especially at the youth levels.                                                 

 

What do you want to do different for the Golden Eaglets?

 

I want to be successful. We have already done well by playing at the African Cup for the first time since 2007 in Morocco where we secured the ticket to the World Cup. In addition, we secured World Cup ticket for the first time since 2009 when we hosted Under-17 World Cup. So, we just want Nigerians to pray for our team so that we can be successful in the UAE.          






No comments:

Post a Comment